Thursday, April 20, 2006

Another Day in Dilbert's Shoes

Funny, I don't remember putting on a button-up shirt and a tie that curls up, but I sure do feel like Dilbert right now! For the last few weeks I've been working on an application for our thin client group. I was given a fairly abstract specification, but I've followed fairly standard UI design principles of a wizard-based application (sidebar, nav buttons, action pane, etc.). I've even gone above and beyond by making it easily extensible into other languages or to add new features without having to update the main application.

That was all well and good, until today, when marketing folks said they weren't sure if it fits their "vision" and is cohesive with "other planned tools". After a day of trading emails, no one in marketing can tell me what their "vision" is, or what "other" tools they have planned.

Scary how life imitates Dilbert

- T

No comments:

Post a Comment